We offer six types of support:
- Help-desk for immediate answers to questions: It will be available from Monday to Friday. Phone: 02894482210.
- Emergency support for schools who are working with Newcomer pupils for the first time or who require immediate support due to an urgent issue. Phone 02894482210.
- On-going school based support for schools wishing to access more in-depth support and training for staff on intercultural awareness, assessment and planning and curriculum access.
- Interpreting service to help teachers communicate with Newcomer families. See the link below.
- On-line courses for teachers developed by IES to support teachers and other staff in mainstream classrooms. They are available through Queen's University, School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, Open Learning Programme. See the link below.
- Translated documents and other resources for schools to support intercultural awareness, welcome and communication with home, assessment and planning and curriculum access. See the links below.
Click on the links below for a brief overview of the support available: